Wood & Douglas’ business can be broken down into the following areas:
- focussed on business needs
- based on an open and balanced innovative approach
- intelligent use of the correct wireless technologies appropriate to the application
- applying the Company’s experience through its research & development team
- highly resourced manufacturing based at three specialist sites in the UK
- delivering robust and high quality products and services
- using a "benefits centric" approach
- ensuring capital and operational expenditure payback
- liberating applications impossible with cabled solutions
Design, development and delivery of standard products:
Volume manufacturing, using in-house resources, of Wood & Douglas’ range of standard products and accessories including wireless transmitters, receivers, amplifiers and antennas for use in voice, data and video radio systems.
Design, development and delivery of bespoke products:
Providing consultancy to clients regarding how best to use wireless to achieve connectivity goals. The Company will design, develop and manufacture a bespoke solution that matches a mutually identified need.
Manufacture of third party designs:
While the majority of products manufactured are of Wood & Douglas design, the Company also provides manufacturing resources to third parties. Such clients benefit not just from a surface mount manufacturing service with RF test resource but also an objective assessment based on 35 years experience of the suitability of their design for manufacture.